Fun Facts about Anglesey:
- In 1859 a hurricane sunk the Royal Charter carrying £120m haul of gold. Pieces of gold have been found ever since along the shoreline. Including a piece the size of an egg found in 2016
- Anglesey is home to the village with the longest name in Britain: “Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch”
- Famous people from Anglesey include Lemmy (Motörhead frontman), Grace Coddington, Dawn French, and Naomi Watts.
- You can walk the entire coastal path around the island in 12 days.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge lived on the island from 2010-2013.
- Plas Newydd is home to one of the largest and most well-known murals in the United Kingdom, painted by artist Rex Whistler.